Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Amazons Attack! + Wonder Woman #8.
1) Dodson's art in Wonder Woman #8; Woods' art in Amazons Attack!
2) That Hippolyta's first post-resurrection thoughts and words are about Diana.
3) Diana taking care of the guards, and then creating a tunnel with her fists. The Silver Age Superman used to do this all the time, and for some reason I think it's cool.
4) If the comic world is ruled by cross-over "events," it's somewhat nice that Wonder Woman is at the center of one of them.
What I disliked:
1) I know I sound like some kind of an extremist, or purist, here, but it bugged me that Nemesis rescued Diana.
2) The "light-hearted" banter between Diana and Nemesis bothered me, too.
3) Nemesis' characterization as a Wonder Woman fanboy who has his wet-dream fulfilled by his interactions with the real Wonder Woman just irks me.
4) The "I've fallen on top of you by accident but like it here" panel was lame.
I suppose I can live with the cold-blooded, murderous, rampaging "Amazons" in the first issue, so long as Diana comes through and makes all of this right in the end. (Unfortunately, I don't see how the resurrected Hippolyta has a long future in the new DCU.)
I knew I'd be buying Amazons Attack! when I saw a preview of the art. Woods didn't let me down.