Friday, January 20, 2006

Lines

Infinite Crisis continues to deliver the goods, and was my favorite book this week. (In the end, I actually felt sympathy for Superboy-Prime-- and only good writing could have made that happen. Diamondrock had a similar reaction.)

Favorite lines this week:

From Infinite Crisis #4:
(1) Batman (to Nightwing): The early years. I've forgotten if ... They were good for you, weren't they?
Nightwing: The best.

(2) Superboy-Prime (to Bart): Stupid little kid. Left all alone.
Bart (as he punches Superboy-Prime): I'm. Not. Stupid!
Flash/Barry Allen: Bart. You're not alone either.
Bart: Grandpa?

(3) Superboy-Prime: You can't get rid of me! When I grow up I'm going to be Superman!


From Birds of Prey #90
(1) Oracle (to Batman): No.

(2) Deathstroke: Last warning, ladies. Don't let Green Lantern be the prettiest living JLAer.

(3) Dinah (thought balloon): ...Huntress shows why you don't mess with Italian girls.

(4) Dinah (after disabling DS's remaining eye): That's for Phantom Lady, you sick son of a bitch.

(5) Batman: This is good work. No. This is ... outstanding work. Huntress.


From Batgirl #72
(1) Tigris: For me? Why did she do this for me? I'm not worthy--
Alpha: Because everyone's worthy of the chance to change.
Cassandra: Yesss...you fnnly unnerstan...me. I win.

(2) Shiva: She is the hero. I am not. Never have been. Heroes are forever...

(3) Cassandra: Stephanie? Am I --?
Stephanie: Yes. And it's okay. You saved them...


From Uncanny X-Men #468
Rachel Grey (thought balloons about the Shi'ar): Because my mother was Phoenix, all of the Grey family were something to be afraid of. Especially me. But I'm not my mother. I'm not Phoenix. I'm my own woman ... And before I'm done ... They'll wish I were the Phoenix.


From Runaways #12:
(1) Fake Cloak: Well, now I got [a girl-friend], too, and she's a lot prettier than your fat chick.

Chase: I hope your health insurance sucks.

(2) Molly: Yeah, Wolverine and Mister America will probably be here soon.
Victor: Wait, you met those guys?
Molly: Uh-huh, but they were stupid. Super heroes are for little kids, Victor.


Quite a good week for comics! For the sake of brevity, I didn't even mention All Star Superman and X-Statix Presents: Dead Girl. Both were great reads, and are highly recommended.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?